Sunday, March 6

wHaT A wOmAN WanTS....

I dated him:


  I had met him before, but got set up by my brother and a friend. The first date went well. On paper he is my dream guy.  
-My dream husband profession
-Funny and creative 
-Sporty
-A family guy
-Studious
-Caring
-Dedicated
-Respectful
-the list goes on and on...

I was super excited when he asked me out at the end of our first date.  As he came to pick me up for our second date, I had the pre-date jitters.  I had a whole week to place him up on a golden pedestal. When I opened the door to him, and as we had our first interactions with each other after our first date, it hit me and I knew.  There was no chemistry

I gave him plenty of chances that night to prove to me that there was that connection.  But after feeling all night like I was alone, I knew that this would be my last date with him. 
(I'll have to tell you how this became the longest date of my night, even after this point! But that's another story for another time....)

The point I am trying to make is that right now I have this connection with Ed.  There are things with Ed that I never would have predicted I would be interested in. Don't get me wrong, he has all the important things, things that are up on that list, there are just some things (like he's the youngest in his family) that I imagined differently. Yet, he is what I want.  

As I realized today how this has all played out: turning out the man who checks off every little thing I ever thought I wanted, and then wanting something totally different. I now know that what you want on paper isn't everything. You can't map out your perfect match. Matt and I can't just talk about anything and enjoy ourselves like Ed and I can. I would NOT be happy being with Matt. 

 Life is funny, isn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment