Monday, May 9

The Review

I saw this weekend, the long awaited movie, Something Borrowed. 


Can I first off let you know that this man, is BEAUTIFUL!


Total Dream-Boat!


But...


I still LOVE this man-




My opinion on the movie? I loved the actors, some of my favorite. But...  They try and take something TERRIBLE (cheating) and make it into something romantic.  It was a roller coaster ride, deciding whether I like the Dex character or not. In the end, I just didn't know how to feel about the whole thing. But, I am pretty practical, and the disturbing circumstances of the whole movie made it hard for me to love. 

My advice: don't pay 9+ dollars to see it in theaters. 


SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN IT!!!


Now for more of my feelings about specific things:

Did I call it about Ethan or what?! Ok, so he really isn't gay, but  he DID pretend to be! I laughed so hard when he said that he was!

They make you love Ethan and then he ends up with no one. Personally I was over Dex by the end. He was a coward, a good looking one, but one none the less. Rachel should have realized she loves Ethan, the one who puts her first, and pushes her to be better than she is.  This is the major reason I'm not in love with the movie.

I also felt really bad for Rachel. Darcy is a WITCH, and Rachel should have called her out on it, but always just endured. Like Ethan said "if the roles were reversed, Darcy wouldn't even hesitate." 

PS- the F bomb was totally unneeded in the show. 
And the whole scene at the Hamptons when you can hear the love birds upstairs, was sick and wrong. If Dex didn't love Darcy why was he still with her at all?  

No comments:

Post a Comment