Wednesday, February 2

The game of LOVE.... basketball!

When the choice is between a church activity and a date I chose the date. 
My eternal salvation is at stake right? 
I need to find a man to take me to the temple…


I know pitiful right? That's not how I really feel, but that's what I joked with my mom about. 
This date was even a pity date on my side. He called and told me that his date canceled and he had tickets that he didn't want to give up.  So even though I was his last choice, I said yes. 
I had only met him once before, but as he pointed out, it would be a good chance to get to know one another. This is my date with David Arquette.



We went to a basketball game, and it was really fun. I like sports when I watch them in person,  television just isn't as entertaining. The best part of the night is that I knew more about basketball than he did. I was the one explaining what was going on. We had amazing seats that he didn't want to loose, so he went, even though he didn't know the rules. 

I love people who look me in the eye. At first it is really awkward, like they are looking into your soul, but then I get used to it. I like the honesty that it brings, the total sense of attention.  It makes me feel important. He has a powerful gaze.

We had a really good time, or at least I did, but I think he can see right through me.  Not that I am trying to hide anything, but usually dates are pretty flirty and just superficial.  He could tell what I was getting at, and called me out on it.  Not in a bad way, it was honest.  

We have seen each other at another function since then, and had a good time talking there too.  He knows that I have been dating lots recently, so I’m not sure if that will deter him, and I’m not sure how I feel about him, but I did have a good time.

Pros: 
Yet again a nice car
Good conversation

Cons:
He ran into a mission companion and his wife.  They both knew David and she turned to me and told me that he is such an amazing guy and a great catch.  This being a first date, I didn’t know really what to say… “yep, he’s nice, but I don’t really know him…”

I may be old fashioned but I like it when guys open my door.  I feel like it can be weird when they do it when getting out of the car, I don’t like waiting. BUT when we are getting in the car, or walking into a building PLEASE DO! It makes me feel important, and like a lady. He failed in this aspect tonight.

OVERALL:
I would go out with him again. I can teach him how to open doors. :)

I'm not sure at what level we connect, since I think we do have a connection.  We'll just have to see if it turns out to be a friendship, or something more...

No comments:

Post a Comment