Tuesday, January 4

Surprise, Surprise!

I walked into my singles ward on Sunday and almost had a heart attack.  There in the back of the chapel, standing with his friends was this boy.  We’ll call him Chad.  As soon as I saw Chad my heart started pounding a mile a minute. I couldn’t figure out quite why since I had actually never talked to Chad.  I knew who he was, though I hadn’t seen him in years but I felt this strange connection.  As I sat down I was so bugged that I couldn’t figure out what my deal was… and then it hit me!  Chad looks just like a past heartthrob of mine, Will. 

See??  Isn't the likeness shocking?


Will and I met through mutual friends. We never really dated, but we did talk a lot, and he even came down and visited me one time.   He was already done with school, and had he been around more I might have actually dated him. We had a great connection, but then with both of us moving, and a change of schools it just fell through the cracks…. And now he’s married.

So Sunday was a weird flashback, and brought up my past feelings for Will.  I’m glad that Chad wasn’t Will, because quite honestly I wouldn’t know what to say to Will if I did randomly see him.  Awkwardness avoided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment