Monday, July 25

I went on a date.

Um... I tried to find a picture, but I feel better just describing my date. He is a nerd. Glasses, and all. His major even proves it, and apparently I am told that he asks every single girl in the ward out. So I guess it was just my turn.

He had a great pick up line on hand for me after FHE when he asked me out. I wonder if he practiced it...

(also remember how I told you it's always feast or famine? Well, I hadn't been asked out for WEEKS, and then two guys asked me out for this same night. Too bad I never say no to a first date, and that this boy asked me out first!)

He asked me if I usually eat dinner by the time he had set up to pick me up. I told him I will have already eaten... which may not have been the full truth. #1 that I am not at all interested in him and felt bad that he would be spending money on me. #2 that I didn't want to drag this awkward date out. 

Luckily he had an activity planned that involved handiwork to make a beautiful craft. It made the date 95% less awkward. Seriously, our conversation stunk! I tried, believe me. But he didn't ask me questions back. Droopy conversation carrier. 

Then after 3 hours when we were done, he says to me "that didn't take as long as I thought it would." and proceeded to make me want to cry. A FREAKING MARATHON DATE!

for all future daters: PLEASE PLEASE make first dates short! For the female's sake! If we are having a good time we will insist on carrying out the date! Until then, plan on keeping it short and sweet! 

After trying to scrape something together to try and entertain me- which by the way if I say "thanks but you don't have to entertain me all night" is code for "you can take me home now." After an hour of failure, I eventually had to say, "It's ok, I had a good time." And headed for the car. 

Luckily he isn't a lingerer. I haven't really talked to him since. I've heard he is just that way. Thank goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment