Wednesday, October 13

Background Check

In a religious atmosphere that stresses marriage, 20 is the new 30 for singles.  If you aren't married by 25 you are deemed an "old maid" and every time you run into someone the first question they ask after "how are you" is "are you dating anyone?"  You can start to understand why I was frustrated after yet another bad date and decided to start this blog. 

It has been said that chivalry is dead, but I hope that the art of dating is not being killed by the overuse of hanging out.  It has felt apparent to me that no one got around to telling these boys how to properly treat a girl on a date.  This is why at the end of each date post I will be putting a few pointers for any guys out there who might be committing the same crimes.

Some of my dates do deserve a pat on the back because not all of them have been total bombers.  In fact after quite a few of them I wondered why I didn't feel like it fit.  Blame it on the fact that I am picky, or that I have amazing brothers to compare them to.  The fact remains that they may be a great guys, but not great for me.

To protect myself, and my dates, I have decided to keep everything anonymous.  I am going to try and give my dates a celebrity look-alike name, and mix up the order of when I went on the dates.

I do hope you all enjoy, maybe pickup some date ideas, learn some things to avoid, and maybe get in a few laughs at the same time.   In the meantime I'll be here searching for Mr.Right.
Love,
Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment